Arizona State University School of Architecture

Location

Tempe, AZ

Degrees Offered

Master of Architecture

ARCHITECTURE PROGRAM

Arizona State University offers the professional architecture degree, Master of Architecture (M. Arch) which is a fully accredited program recognized by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB). The Herberger Institute, the Design School’s Master of Architecture program is a two year curriculum. Completing both the undergraduate and graduate professional degree program is intended to take six years. If a student holds a bachelor’s degree in another field of study, another year of study would need to be completed in order to receive the professional degree. This is known as the 3-plus-year Master of Architecture program offered by Arizona State University. Arizona State University also offers a Dual Degree opportunity for a Master of Architecture and Master of Business Administration; it is intended to be a three-year program.

ABOUT THE SCHOOL

Arizona State University is one of the nation’s fastest growing and largest universities. The Design School offers various degrees including industrial design, interior design, urban design, landscape architecture, graphic design, and architecture ultimately working to create the most collaborative and comprehensive design school in the country. Arizona State University houses the largest professional design school in the region, educating students in the several creative disciplines of design and develops further research into the built environment. The mission of what is known as the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts is to motivate the transformation of design for the public good.
Arizona State University School of Architecture offered its first Bachelor of Architecture degree in 1957, with the first student receiving the degree in 1960. Within twenty years, the program had grown from a student body of 45 to a student body of 407, and a faculty of five members to a faculty of 21. The program became an independent College of Architecture on July 1, 1964.

SCHOOL WEBSITE

visit