University of Detroit Mercy - My School of Architecture University of Detroit Mercy - My School of Architecture

University of Detroit Mercy


Detroit, MI

Degrees Offered

Master of Architecture


The architecture program is the central degree program in the School of Architecture. Two degrees are offered: a five year accelerated Master’s of Architecture degree, which is a professional degree fully accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB), and a four year Bachelor of Science in Architecture degree. The Master’s program is actually a continuation of the undergraduate program, so the curriculum is the same in both programs for the first four years, and traditional high school students are admitted directly into the architecture program. UDM is one of only 4 accredited schools of architecture in the state of Michigan, and the only one at a Jesuit or Mercy institution in all of North America.

University of Detroit Mercy School of Architecture is internationally known for its focus on urban architectural issues, its dedication to sustainable design, and its commitment to community service. At the core of our Architecture degree program is the hands-on rigor of its curriculum. Students will be in the design studio their very first semester and have access to the latest design and presentation technology, collaborating with some of the sharpest young architectural minds in the nation.


Detroit Mercy offers more than 100 academic programs to prepare you for your future. No matter which path you choose, you’ll get a solid foundation in the liberal arts that will sharpen your communication and problem-solving skills and give you the cultural context to thrive in any environment.

Detroit Mercy alumni are doing great things nationwide. They’re successful doctors and lawyers, teachers and scientists, artists and entrepreneurs. They include many of our region’s prominent business, political and cultural leaders. They’re also your peers, who will be happy to welcome you into their circle of success when you graduate.